Welcome to my homepage!
This website is mostly about my dog Ares, a male petit basset griffon vendeen born July 19th, 2007. Since I first experienced his mother Exi during several hunts in 2005 and a couple of years to come I totally lost my heart to this breed. I wanted a pbgv as a hunting dog! I´ve seen other breeds in action too, but the pbgv had all I was looking for:
- Nice temper
- Suitable speed for hunting
- Returns in it´s own tracks after a while, especially if the chased animal runs out
- Loud barking and thus easy to hear from a distance, too (silent at home)
- Lovely family dogs
- Healthy breed
Great petits within the family:
- Ares´ mother Exi (Lejonlands Xenia) became second best "Hunting Dog of the Year" within the breed in Norway 2006.
- At age 2 Ares became number 7 "Hunting Dog of the Year" in 2009.
- In 2010 Ares became the "Hunting Dog of the year".
- Also; his sister Thyra became number 3 in 2010, and her daughter Thea de Baas became second best "Hunting Dog of the Year" in 2012.
Hunting Dog of the Year is measured from results in Hunting Tests. Ares´ father is Rotvältans Tufsen, known to have among the very best hunting offspring in Norway, with (I think) hunting champions in every litter after him.
Additionally; Ares is also a Norwegian Show Champion (NUCH) and Norwegian Hunting Champion (NJ(D)CH).
Short about me:
Born 1967, trained journalist, live in the small town of Mo i Rana (municipality population 26.000), northern Norway (just south of the Arctic Circle). I have a son Nikolai, born in 1998. There are some pictures of him on this site as well.
Originally I´m from Stjørdal, a small town near Trondheim, Norway.
Besides training and hunting with my dog I´m fond of fishing and nature. Takes a lot of photos, a dear hobby of mine.
In spring 2011 I started my education as a Hunting Test Judge for all the basset breeds. I finished my training the same autumn and became a qualified judge.
In february 2013 I became editor for the publication "Bassetposten" and the websites of Norwegian Basset Club.
I hope you will enjoy the rest of my website as well, even though written in Norwegian. I´m afraid my english is not sufficient to translate it all, sorry about that. But hey; you can always use the Google Translator or contact me here or on facebook if there is something you´d like to ask about:)
Thanks for your attention:)